Sent SMS messages can be found in the following states:
- Processed: the message has been received and has been processed by the LabsMobile platform. This is an intermediate state that all sent messages go through. Under normal conditions, messages remain in this state for a short period of time (less than a second).
- Sent: the message has been sent to the GSM network, that is, to the local operator of the destination country. Messages in this state are waiting for a delivery confirmation or error from the operator.
- Duplicate: the anti-duplicate filter considers a duplicate message an SMS sent to it recipient with the same text for 60 minutes. These messages are tagged as duplicates, they are not sent, and there is no cost.
- Test: test message via API. Indicated to carry out simulations and API integration tests. It is also possible that some of the filters will discard messages and label them as evidence. These messages are free of charge and are not sent to the final recipient.
- Rejected or Undeliverable: the message has generated a delivery error and has been rejected by the local operator of the destination country. Usually the reason for the error is an incorrect or inactive mobile number. But there may be other explanations such as filters, incidents, etc. More information at What errors can happen when sending SMS?.
- Expired: An attempt was made to deliver the message during the set period of time (usually 72 hours with retries set by the operator). The destination number has not been operational during the delivery period and the local operator in the destination country has not been able to deliver.
- Approved: The destination operator confirms the reception of the message and approves all the parameters of the message (destination number, text, etc.). The approval makes this telephony operator responsible for the delivery. In countries where it is not possible to obtain a delivery confirmation this status is equivalent to Delivered.
- Delivered: the message has been confirmed as delivered by the target device to the operator and the operator has communicated the reception to LabsMobile. The confirmation includes the day and time the delivery occurred. To learn more about delivery confirmations: Are the delivery confirmations?.